Video: Exclusive Interview with Jim Rogers
May 24 2016
Last week, I had an exclusive talk with legendary investor Jim Rogers. Not only did Jim Rogers predict several recessions and stock market crashes correctly, he also recommended everyone to invest in gold in 1999, just before embarking upon one of his trips around the world that eventually got him into the Guinness Book of World Records. Later, he would repeat his advice in his book “Hot Commodities: How The Next Bull Market in Commodities Can”, which was published in 2004, when the gold price was still near $400/ounce. This time, Jim Rogers sat down with me to share yet again some of his brilliant insights to investors.
Watch the Video:
- 1:00 – His time at the Quantum Fund (+4200% in ten years)
- 2:00 – Investments at the Quantum Fund
- 2:46 – Leverage: now vs then
- 3:36 – Was Jim Rogers ever as pessimistic as today?
- 4:23 – This time, even China is in debt!
- 5:30 – Commodities are making a “complex bottom;” gold prices will decline
- 7:00 – How does the “world’s worst market timer” invest?
- 7:34 – New recession is imminent (Japan is already in recession)
- 7:55 – Little downside for commodities when a new recession hits; in contrast, stocks and bonds have a lot of downside, Jim Rogers expects a crash
- 8:12 – Negative interest rates
- 9:09 – Interest rates will rise
- 9:25 – Should we short German bunds (or other government bonds)?
- 9:53 – Who is the world’s worst central banker?
- 10:48 – What would Jim Rogers do if he would be president of Japan?
- 11:57 – How did Jim Rogers predict the recession and stock market crash in 1987?
- 12:20 – About Guatemala
- 13:07 – First signs to pay attention to when you visit a country as an investor
- 13:32 – Which countries does Jim Rogers consider interesting from an investment perspective?
- 14:07 – About Russia
- 15:30 – United States responsible for crisis in Ukraine
- 16:12 – What was Jim Rogers best moment ever in investing?
Picture is property of Universidad Francisco Marroquín.